error "Unable to start Tor:: write failed: EPIPE (Broken pipe"
|Target version:||v14 - April Anons|
Orbot version: 13.0.4a (from latest apk on your website, not F-Droid)
device: Fairphone (v1.1 "Caju", built-in superuser management, see https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/search?query=superuser)
- install Orbot from https://guardianproject.info/releases/orbot-latest.apk
- configure transparent proxying & confirm superuser prompt forever => Orbot works fine
- install alternative superuser app; I used https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=com.koushikdutta.superuser => Orbot still works fine
- uninstall alternative SU app => Orbot starts to report the above error & in the "Permissions"-wizard, clicking "Request Superuser Access" leads directly to the next screen ("Transparent Proxying"), without SU confirmation prompt by Fairphone OS; Orbot also doesn't appear in the OS's SU list anymore.
- exit Orbot app via its menu => launches the wizard again; app has to be killed to exit
- installing alternative superuser app again fixes the problem, so this could be a bug in Fairphone's OS (not taking over SU management after alternative app is uninstalled), or in F-Droid or the alternative SU app (not handing over SU management to OS again)