Selectively Activate TOR Node Based On Network Connection
|Target version:||v14 - April Anons|
Orbot could offer, in settings, a list of potentially available network connections with checkboxes to selectively activate the TOR node based on the user's preferences:
- All Wi-Fi networks
- Including specific saved Wi-Fi networks
- Excluding specific saved Wi-Fi networks
- Mobile Network 1
- Mobile Network n (for phones with multiple antennas or SIM cards)
- Other (potentially: LAN connections, USB, Bluetooth, Ad-Hoc)
- The user may wish to avoid data charges from TOR on their cell phone bill.
- The user may wish to operate a TOR node only when they are on their home wifi connection, or vice versa.
- The user may wish to avoid operating a TOR node on their work wifi connection, but allow the node to operate on all other data networks.
- The user may have multiple data connections, some that are relatively trusted and others that are not.