Libro Specification v1¶
- 7-inch 1280 x 800 Display
- 512MB to 1024MB RAM
- 8 to 16GB Built-in Storage
- NO camera or built-in Microphone
- Wifi (no 3G)
- NFC, Bluetooth (optional)
- Android 4.4-based custom ROM based on Guardian ROM
- AES-256bit Encryption
- XTS Mode
- Deniable Encryption AKA Hidden OS
- Separate lockscreen and Preboot passwords.
- Orbot: Tor on Android
- ChatSecure for Android
- Firefox: Privacy-Enhanced Configuration
- DuckDuckGo, Search + Stories with Orbot integration
- Courier, Secure News Reader
- GnuPG for Android
- K9 Mail for Email with GnuPG/APG integration
- Lil Debi: Debian Subsystem
- NoteCipher: Encrypted Note Taking
- GlobaLeaks Android Client (whistle-blowing submission app)
- F-Droid (https://f-droid.org/): an installable catalogue of FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) applications for the Android platform. The client makes it easy to browse, install, and keep track of updates on your device.
- Lil Debi (https://guardianproject.info/code/lildebi/): The aim of Lil’ Debi is to provide a transparent and tightly integrated Debian install on your Android device. This means all command line Debian Linux utilities are available from your Android device.
- SecDroid (https://github.com/x942/secdroid): SecDroid secures android by disabling several services on your device that most users will not require to be running all the time. These services include SSH, SSHD, Telnet NC (net cat), and Ping, to keep others from gaining access to your device via a remote terminal. SecDroid also disables ADB and Package Manager so that no apps can be installed and your device cannot be access from a remote device.
Also available in: PDF