implement full trust sync with ChatSecure over OTR data
Now that ChatSecure has OTR Data, KeySync needs to be able to talk with ChatSecure to do a full secure of OTR trust data.
- bootstrap sync still happens using
- auth based on both sides of the OTR conversation having the same private key
- 4 byte ID (private key, public key, fingerprint, verified, etc)
- tab-separated values for data format:
- fingerprints like libotr
- keys using TSV with base64 encoding
- key-type protocol account p q g y x
chatsecure: always encrypt otr_keystore, even if it has no secret key data
Its easier to have a single standard file format, plus its good to protect
metadata and social graph information.
#1 Updated by hans over 4 years ago
Additionally, since KeySync is already reading the various accounts config files, KeySync could easily log into the user's XMPP account with a "KeySync" resource, and then that would be used as part of the authentication. This would work with jitsi and pidgin quite easily since those apps just store the username/password in a local plain-text file. For Adium, it would be a little trickier since KeySync would have to be granted permission to get the password from the Mac OS X Keystore.