From 06/19/2015 to 07/18/2015
- 08:11 am Bug #5498 (Resolved): Quit menu item requires two clicks
- Fixed with https://github.com/amoghbl1/tor-browser/commit/270f051ac2f92ac1d4db5fc20f5c885929e2fe64
- 12:52 pm Bug #5504 (New): Privacy friendly search
- Make Orfox search have a privacy friendly search engine that doesn't track users for all search bar queries.
- 02:52 pm Bug #5395 (Resolved): Remove Get_Account Permission
- Fixed with https://github.com/amoghbl1/tor-browser/commit/837fe64c44a26ff66b459968d9e6302371f0d0f3
- 11:44 pm Revision 83f2f5b4 (orfox): submodule update: Bug 5395 - Remove Get_Account Permission, and readme...
- 08:45 pm Bug #5498 (Resolved): Quit menu item requires two clicks
- Running the latest alpha, nothing happens the first time I click "Quit" in the main app menu. A second click has the ...
- 07:40 pm Bug #5492 (New): YouTube Issues
- I can't play videos in YouTube mobile view. When I switch to desktop view I must whitelist googlevideo.com in NoScrip...
- 06:30 pm Task #5491 (Closed): Put NoScriptAndroid code into a git repo
We should build from our snapshot of NSA and not just bundle his XPI without knowing wha...
- 05:36 pm Feature #5489 (New): Port TorButton to android and include
- (01:13:30 PM) n8fr8: i think the main question at hand is can we / or do we need some portion of the torbutton add-on...
- 05:34 pm Feature #5404 (Resolved): We need a mobile friendly user-agent
- 05:32 pm Task #5359: AUDIT disk write/read/cacheing behavior of Firefox on Android
- We have made many settings modifications to avoid this, but we should know exactly what is still being written to dis...
- 05:30 pm Feature #5352: Support NetCipher/Orbot intents for checking install, running, getting ports
- See the source sample here:
- 01:47 pm Bug #5478: Remove startup notification
- Applied in changeset amoghbl1-orfox|commit:84c5b251c4a9db181ec733186fdf1d7f744a8c4c.
- 03:11 am Bug #5485 (Closed): Health Report and anonymity?
- Duplicate of #5480
- 02:41 pm Bug #5485: Health Report and anonymity?
- Issue was resolved yesterday... ticket closed.
- 02:35 pm Bug #5485 (Closed): Health Report and anonymity?
- I am confused about what information Firefox health report sends and to who. The main dialogs say they send data to y...
- 12:52 pm Bug #5482: Can't connect to the web
- Orfox connects when Orbot transparently proxify all apps.
- 04:28 am Bug #5482 (New): Can't connect to the web
- I am running the latest alpha on Android 4.4 with Orbot + Orwall and I can't get Orfox to connect to the internet. An...
- 07:32 am Revision 84c5b251 (orfox): submodule update tor-browser: Bug #5480, #5478 - Disable health report...
- 07:06 am Bug #5478 (Resolved): Remove startup notification
- Resolved with https://github.com/amoghbl1/tor-browser/commit/e22112f54199edf4cb4d977d64c86dcb92df6e6b.
- 07:06 am Bug #5480 (Resolved): Disable health reporting and crash reporter
- Resolved with https://github.com/amoghbl1/tor-browser/commit/e22112f54199edf4cb4d977d64c86dcb92df6e6b
- 04:36 am Bug #5483 (New): New Identity button support
- Can Orfox support a New Identity button so all tracking data in a session can be safely wiped before surfing somewher...
- 08:37 am Bug #5480 (Resolved): Disable health reporting and crash reporter
- With the fix for #5478, I see that the health reporter option is turned on, this functionality needs to be disabled a...
- 08:26 am Revision 474d5390 (orfox): submodule update: Bug #5477 - Modify landing page - remove sign in button
- 08:24 am Bug #5477: Modify landing page - remove sign in button
- After a little more thought, the landing panel might be used along with netcipher instead of being removed entirely.
- 07:56 am Bug #5477 (New): Modify landing page - remove sign in button
- Remove the popup on first install that asks to sign into Orfox.
- 08:04 am Bug #5479 (New): Removed unwanted settings
- A lot of settings exist in the options menu, a quick list:
1) options > settings > Sync.
2) options > settings > Pr...
- 07:57 am Bug #5478 (Resolved): Remove startup notification
- Remove the notification that is triggered when the app is first launched.
- 07:30 am Bug #5427 (Resolved): Android app version is stuck at 38.0
- Fixed with:
- 07:29 am Bug #5460 (Resolved): Addons repository
- Done with https://github.com/amoghbl1/Orfox/commit/bcf56ee07720ab0a9aaa10232479ccebf7c41c4a.
- 07:28 am Bug #5476: Error orweb
- OK, this is not exactly the best description to the problem I've seen.
First question: Is your orbot on and connec...
- 06:04 am Bug #5476 (Rejected): Error orweb
- Hi, when I acced to the tor reseau he tell me net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
- 07:26 am Task #5429 (Resolved): Figure out how to include the NoScriptsAnywhere plugin
- resolved with https://github.com/amoghbl1/orfox-addons/commit/a75795c00161b737875f3ca8a8cfce0debccb582
- 11:14 pm Bug #5473 (New): Error orweb
- Hi, when I acced to the tor reseau he tell me net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
- 10:18 pm Revision f5eeeb2f (orfox): changed submodule name
- 10:10 pm Revision ee461263 (orfox): submodule update: orfox-addons now includes NoScriptsAnywhere
- 10:07 pm Addons
- Currently, two addons are shipped by default.
The folder layout was changed from...
- 09:20 pm Revision bcf56ee0 (orfox): removing addons folder, migrating to submodule
- 09:19 pm Revision cc3f20eb (orfox): submodule update: Bug #5404 - We need a mobile friendly user-agent.
- 09:11 pm Bug #5394 (Closed): Instant crash on Android 5.0
- 09:09 pm Bug #5237 (Resolved): Orfox stores cookies
- 08:42 pm Revision d84ebd33 (orfox): versionCode naming changed
- 08:05 pm Revision 2615cafa (orfox): versioning fixed
- 07:16 pm Revision df3bb20c (orfox): objdir naming changed
- 06:52 pm Revision b222221f (orfox): submodule update: Bug #3819 - Change the user agent to a mobile one. A...
- 06:35 pm Bug #5460 (Resolved): Addons repository
- Figure out how to manage the Addons that are added to Orfox.
Currently, I've made a folder in external/addons where ...
- 08:33 pm Bug #3819 (Resolved): change the user agent to a mobile one.
- Fixed with https://github.com/amoghbl1/tor-browser/commit/aa8756c8dd451b9a9d9b02e0a1c49dd5824f8381
- 02:31 am Bug #5394 (Resolved): Instant crash on Android 5.0
- 02:29 am Bug #3821 (Closed): Cannot play videos from YouTube mobile site.
- 02:29 am Bug #5314 (Closed): Build Problems
- 02:29 am Feature #5387 (Closed): implementer installer logic for bundled add-ons
- 02:28 am Feature #5358 (Closed): disable push UDP
- 02:28 am Feature #5357 (Closed): make sure RTSP is disabled
- 02:27 am Bug #3819: change the user agent to a mobile one.
- I am actually finding myself agreeing with this (and Georg's opinion) more and more. I am finding myself annoyed at g...
- 02:25 am Bug #4028 (Closed): X-REQUESTED-WITH header reveals browser
- 02:24 am Bug #5453 (Rejected): prendre contrôle du mac d'une personne
- 02:24 am Bug #5427: Android app version is stuck at 38.0
- amoghbl1 wrote:
> With the regular mozilla convention, 38.0 is good, in order to know what esr it was built on.
- 10:01 pm Bug #5453 (Rejected): prendre contrôle du mac d'une personne
- Bonjour y a t il un moyen de prendre contrôle contrôle d'un mac avec wifi ou bluetooth
- 09:23 pm Revision 0f8fc244 (orfox): submodule update: favicon load call client modified
- 06:04 pm Feature #5404: We need a mobile friendly user-agent
- According to GeKo's advice in http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-dev/2015/tor-dev.2015-06-29-18.00.log.txt, it does not ma...
- 05:44 pm Bug #3821 (Resolved): Cannot play videos from YouTube mobile site.
- If you use the "request mobile site" feature you should get a mobile friendly youtube video page
- 05:38 pm Task #5442 (New): Remove / reduce the default search engine options to pro-privacy ones
- Duckduckgo? Google SSL/HTTPS? What else? What does Tor Browser offer?
- 04:39 pm Feature #3818 (Resolved): add HTTPS EVERWYEHRE
- HTTPSEverywhere added in with https://github.com/amoghbl1/Orfox/commit/dae3adf75775548a64732acd8b6c7c23ed1e2509.
- 03:34 pm Bug #3822: Restrict app permissions even more
- Moving this to beta b/c I think we need additional review of permissions to ensure we lock it down as much as possible
- 03:32 pm Bug #3822 (Feedback): Restrict app permissions even more
- 03:33 pm Bug #4307 (Closed): tabs
- 03:33 pm Feature #5317 (Closed): Add HTTP proxying at the Java layer in mobile/android code
- 03:32 pm Bug #3826 (Closed): proxy server refusing connections
- 03:32 pm Task #4327 (Closed): Review new Fennec android build process
- 03:32 pm Bug #4546 (Closed): unable to enter URL in addressbar
- 03:31 pm Task #5146 (Closed): get mobile firefox to build with same ESR as tor browser
- 03:31 pm Bug #5235 (Closed): Orfox ignores proxy when loading favicons
- 03:31 pm Bug #5238 (Closed): Orfox leaks DNS requests
- 03:31 pm Task #5385 (Closed): rebase on to most up-to-date tor-browser before release
- 07:55 am Feature #5404 (In Progress): We need a mobile friendly user-agent
- 07:51 am Feature #5356 (Feedback): Disable Device WebStorage API
- 07:51 am Feature #5353 (In Progress): Move from "ch.boye" to the official APache HTTPClient for Android
- I estimate that this might also cause a reduction in the apk size, let's see how that goes, moving this to the front ...
- 07:48 am Task #5360 (Resolved): Figure out how to handle HTTPSEverywhere and other plugins
- Figured out with commit https://github.com/amoghbl1/Orfox/commit/c6f52b5df03bfb6133c5f008f63b0d3c8b7c7559.
- 07:45 am Feature #5341 (Closed): NoScript
- 07:45 am Feature #5341: NoScript
- Moving this to #5429 and closing this.
- 07:27 am Feature #5340 (In Progress): Remove redundant "private tabs" feature.
- 07:17 am Task #5429 (Closed): Figure out how to include the NoScriptsAnywhere plugin
- The NSA plugin has a weird id which seems to fail the default method of addition to the apk, consult the mozilla team...
- 06:54 am Bug #5427: Android app version is stuck at 38.0
- With the regular mozilla convention, 38.0 is good, in order to know what esr it was built on.
I understand the probl...
- 01:41 am Bug #5427 (Closed): Android app version is stuck at 38.0
- We need some sort of versioning scheme for Orfox... do we use 38, or reset it to 1.0?
- 06:32 am Feature #5387 (Resolved): implementer installer logic for bundled add-ons
- This logic isn't required as there is a method supported by Mozilla to add addons into apk's, https://wiki.mozilla.or...
- 06:25 am Revision dae3adf7 (orfox): added in the https-everywhere addon
- 06:24 am Revision c6f52b5d (orfox): build script now includes addons before package
- 02:52 am How is Orfox different than Tor Browser for desktop?
- We have started a wiki page to answer questions about Orfox: [[Orfox_vs_Tor_Browser_FAQ]]
*How is Orfox different ...
- 01:02 am Feature #5426 (New): Consider how/if we should allow add-ons to update themselves
- we'll be bundling add-ons, but should they only be updated when we update the app, or should their natural upgrade pr...
- 08:29 pm Feature #5422 (New): Look into xposed and xprivacy frameworks
- From #tor-dev: "jjweiss: it doesn't really matter what browser you use on android. You still have to use xposed & XPr...
- 06:57 am Revision 9f38f846 (orfox): submodule update: added 'Request Mobile Site' functionality
- 06:17 am Mobile Mode
- I've modified the "Request Desktop Site" checkbox from the original fennec to "Request Mobile Site", this uses a diff...
- 11:53 pm Feature #5404 (Resolved): We need a mobile friendly user-agent
- 11:38 pm Feature #5404: We need a mobile friendly user-agent
- Replaced the "Request Desktop Site" option with "Request Mobile Site".
This is unset by default and the default tor-...
- 08:50 pm Feature #5404 (Closed): We need a mobile friendly user-agent
- (04:48:49 PM) n8fr8: 1) does just putting in "Android" in place of "Windows NT" make it work properly on mobile sites...
- 06:33 am Bug #5237: Orfox stores cookies
- It does not do this anymore, this can be moved to resolved after another pass of testing.
- 06:26 am Bug #3821: Cannot play videos from YouTube mobile site.
- Youtube and a couple of other sites seem to work fine on Orfox, won't update this to resolved though, needs a lot mor...
- 06:22 am Feature #5365 (Resolved): Change default "Top Sites" to our sites
- 05:59 am Task #5397: Disable eme with mozconfig
- Initial build with this flag seems to fail, needs more debugging.
- 01:32 am Task #5397 (Resolved): Disable eme with mozconfig
- The mozconfigs on the tor-browser git have been updated with an additional flag...
- 01:32 am Task #5385 (Resolved): rebase on to most up-to-date tor-browser before release
- 01:26 am Revision ff668b42 (orfox): submodule update: rebasing tor-browser to tb_GECKO380esr_2015050513_RE...
- 06:41 am Feature #5396: Find proper buttons for the home page shortcuts
- The 4 shortcuts seen when the app is opened need to be changed to something suitable instead of the current icons.
- 06:40 am Feature #5396 (New): Find proper buttons for the home page shortcuts
- 06:37 am Bug #3822: Restrict app permissions even more
- Current list of perms required:
# Read your web bookmarks and history
# Modify or delete the contents of your USB s...
- 06:28 am Bug #3822 (Resolved): Restrict app permissions even more
- 06:26 am Bug #5395 (Closed): Remove Get_Account Permission
- With the fix for bug #3822 , permissions were massively reduced but we see various crashed without the Get_Accounts p...
- 06:10 am Revision 5db734c4 (orfox): bringing tor-browser submodule up to speed
- 03:18 am Bug #5394 (Closed): Instant crash on Android 5.0
- Running Android 5.0 (lollypop) on Samsung Galaxy S5 - T-Mobile.
Just installed latest version and it opens but cl...
- 12:19 am Revision b7c9b876 (orfox): bringing tor-browser submodule up to speed
- 10:05 pm Permissions Changes
- Removed the following permissions:
Accounts, Sync permissions
- 07:05 pm Feature #5387 (Closed): implementer installer logic for bundled add-ons
- we need a way to get HTTPSEverywhere, TorButton, NOscript, etc installed
- 06:39 pm Task #5386 (New): look into Tickler.cpp leak
- (02:38:58 PM) mikeperry: there's also ./netwerk/base/src/Tickler.cpp which probably isn't a huge problem, but is a le...
- 06:38 pm Task #5385 (Closed): rebase on to most up-to-date tor-browser before release
- (02:37:50 PM) arthuredelstein: FWIW, https://github.com/arthuredelstein/tor-browser/commits/tb_GECKO380esr_2015050513...
- 03:31 pm Bug #5314 (Resolved): Build Problems
- 03:30 pm Bug #5238 (Resolved): Orfox leaks DNS requests
- 03:26 pm Feature #5365: Change default "Top Sites" to our sites
- This is good enough for now
- 05:54 am Revision 3147c3d3 (orfox): minor versioning fix, update tor-browser submodule
- path fixed
- 04:35 am Revision a8b6acc2 (orfox): Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/amoghbl1/Orfox
- 04:34 am Revision e3d01857 (orfox): build versioning added, thanks _hc. ndk-r8e used
Also available in: Atom