From 05/21/2015 to 06/19/2015
- 03:31 pm Bug #5314 (Resolved): Build Problems
- 03:30 pm Bug #5238 (Resolved): Orfox leaks DNS requests
- 03:26 pm Feature #5365: Change default "Top Sites" to our sites
- This is good enough for now
- 05:54 am Revision 3147c3d3 (orfox): minor versioning fix, update tor-browser submodule
- path fixed
- 04:35 am Revision a8b6acc2 (orfox): Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/amoghbl1/Orfox
- 04:34 am Revision e3d01857 (orfox): build versioning added, thanks _hc. ndk-r8e used
- 08:21 am Task #5149: Design and implement packet leak detection!
- The current tests have been done with the NoRootFirewall application.
The advantage that this application over other...
- 08:16 am Feature #5365 (In Progress): Change default "Top Sites" to our sites
- Links changed but icons from default new tab copied.
Need new icons for the top sites tabs.
- 06:57 am Feature #5358 (Resolved): disable push UDP
- 06:57 am Feature #5357 (Resolved): make sure RTSP is disabled
- 06:47 am Revision 32133761 (orfox): bring up to date
- 05:50 am Building on Jenkins
- The build issues with jenkins has now been fixed and I think we're ready to ship out an alpha.
Work on permissions...
- 04:53 am Revision 1aa7a6e7 (orfox): moved orfox to rebranded, jenkins build fail possible fix
- 07:03 am Feature #5353: Move from "ch.boye" to the official APache HTTPClient for Android
- This is going to be filed as an upstream bug as well. I'll look into it when I get to that one.
- 07:01 am Bug #3822 (In Progress): Restrict app permissions even more
- Removing permissions might be a little harder than I expected, looking at this currently though.
- 04:44 am Feature #5365 (In Progress): Change default "Top Sites" to our sites
- At least get https://check.torproject.org in there as a defaul option
- 10:32 pm Bug #4546 (Resolved): unable to enter URL in addressbar
- No longer a problem with the new builds.
- 10:17 pm Rebranding complete
- Today, I've been working on rebranding and got that done, but a few extra files are required since last times rebrand...
- Rebranded version.
- 07:06 pm Feature #5356: Disable Device WebStorage API
- Definitely just a FxOS thing, Orfox wouldn't need to be worried about this.
- 06:36 pm Feature #5356 (Closed): Disable Device WebStorage API
- 06:45 pm Task #5360 (Closed): Figure out how to handle HTTPSEverywhere and other plugins
- We need to use the mobile plugins instead of the desktop ones
- 06:44 pm Task #5359 (New): AUDIT disk write/read/cacheing behavior of Firefox on Android
- We should be careful about leaking data, and also consider implementing IOCipher
- 06:38 pm Feature #5358 (Closed): disable push UDP
- services.push.udp.wakeupEnabled = false?
- 06:37 pm Feature #5357 (Closed): make sure RTSP is disabled
- UDP leakage is bad
- 05:20 pm Bug #3822: Restrict app permissions even more
- Perms to try and remove:
# take pictures and video
# precise location (or any location)
# add or remove accounts...
- 05:14 pm Feature #5353 (In Progress): Move from "ch.boye" to the official APache HTTPClient for Android
- ch.boye is out of date
Apache HTTPClient for Android is the new hot-ness
- 05:12 pm Feature #5352 (Closed): Support NetCipher/Orbot intents for checking install, running, getting ports
- - check if Orbot is installed, running, etc... request Orbot to START
- response to broadcast events around Orbot st...
- 05:09 pm Feature #5351 (New): switch Orfox java proxying from HTTP to SOCKS
Use StrongHTTPSClient from NetCipher:
- 05:24 pm Feature #5341 (Closed): NoScript
- TBB ships with NoScript, but OrFox currently doesn't. It looks like a separate mobile version is needed for Fennec, ...
- 05:04 pm Feature #5340 (In Progress): Remove redundant "private tabs" feature.
- The "private tab" feature includes a completely separate tab bar from "regular" tabs, and separate menu choices to op...
- 09:08 am Feature #5317 (Resolved): Add HTTP proxying at the Java layer in mobile/android code
- 09:05 am Bug #5238: Orfox leaks DNS requests
- I would say that this won't happen anymore, with all the proxy code added, but I can't be too sure, Needs more testing.
- 09:03 am Bug #5235 (Resolved): Orfox ignores proxy when loading favicons
- Resolved with the changes to LoadFaviconTask.java. Commit == https://github.com/amoghbl1/tor-browser/commit/33d8d08fd...
- java layer proxied
- 08:45 am Java layer Proxying fixed
- The firefox app had multiple classes in the java layer where network code was used in the Java layer.
- 07:36 pm Task #5318 (Resolved): XPCOMInit.cpp crashes app
- The current orfox branch used a replaced version of xpcom/build/XPCOMInit.cpp . Trying to find something that could ...
- 07:18 pm Task #5149: Design and implement packet leak detection!
- NoRootFirewall is one simple approach to detect this... there should be no traffic from Orfox, only from Orbot
- 07:17 pm Feature #5317 (Closed): Add HTTP proxying at the Java layer in mobile/android code
- Must proxy both android and apache HTTP API calls!
- 07:16 pm Bug #3826 (Resolved): proxy server refusing connections
- 07:16 pm Bug #4028 (Resolved): X-REQUESTED-WITH header reveals browser
- This is resolved with new Orfox build (only a problem with Orweb)
- 07:15 pm Task #4327 (Resolved): Review new Fennec android build process
- 07:15 pm Task #5146 (Resolved): get mobile firefox to build with same ESR as tor browser
- 07:14 pm Bug #4307 (Resolved): tabs
- 06:57 pm Task #5316 (Resolved): nsXREDirProvider.cpp crashes app
- The current orfox branch used a replaced version of toolkit/xre/nsXREDirProvider.cpp . Trying to find something that ...
- 02:24 pm Bug #5314 (Closed): Build Problems
- The changes to confvars.sh seem to have caused build problems.
Follow up wit...
- 02:22 pm Fixed Proxying problems
- The android app doesn't use the browser/app/profile configs and hence I've moved 000-tor-browser.js located there int...
- 09:38 pm Revision 7190c1a6 (orfox): bringing tor-browser submodule up to speed
- 09:26 pm Fixed 4.4 Crash
- The apk build on the orfox-tb_GECKO380esr_2015050513_RELBRANCH branch caused a crash in android 4.4 devices.
- Built with the android .mozconfig against the tor-browser repo, orfox branch
- 09:17 pm Revision 56d77e7b (orfox): bringing tor-browser submodule up to speed
- 08:52 pm Task #5187 (Closed): Telemetry needs to be fixed
- Moving to esr 38 automatically solves this.
- 09:28 pm Build on tor-bundle.git
- After more work on the patches and builds, I finally boiled it down to one file.
- 04:54 am Revision 24e7fac0 (orfox): moving submodule to the current working branch
- 04:16 am Revision a376e992 (orfox): mozconfig template not required anymore
- 04:16 am Revision 23b069e8 (orfox): changes to build script to reflect changes to the orfox repo
- 07:22 pm Task #5187 (Resolved): Telemetry needs to be fixed
- Resolved this issue with the new apk.
- 06:58 pm Orfox Proxy at Java layer Update
- The Firefox for Android applications have multiple calls at the Java/Android layer where it does not proxy the httpcl...
- 06:38 pm Bug #5238 (Closed): Orfox leaks DNS requests
- I see lots of DNS requests outside Tor.
From Orbot itself: location.services.mozilla.com, safebrowsing.google.com
- 06:36 pm Bug #5237 (Closed): Orfox stores cookies
- By default, Orfox stores cookies. If its behaviour is meant to mimic Tor Browser, then cookies should be deleted upo...
- 06:34 pm Bug #5236 (Closed): Orfox misses a quit/exit menu entry
- Firefox on Android has Quit menu entry, Orfox does not.
- 06:31 pm Bug #5235 (Closed): Orfox ignores proxy when loading favicons
- Firefox on Android downloads favicons without respecting proxy
preferences. See here:
- 02:17 am Build Finally running
- After manually applying a set of patches and applying them, I seem to have finally come up with a stable build. The o...
- apk with first 35 patches of the 72 patches applied. Uses tor and seems to pass all tests on dnsleaktest.com
- 03:49 am Build Update
- After trying to comb through the files changed between esr38 and tb_GECKO380esr_2015050513_RELBRANCH (tb release), it...
- 02:02 am ESR38 vs ESR31
- The current stable build of Tor Browser has been built on ESR31 version of firefox but work is currently underway to ...
- 06:30 am Bug #3824 (Closed): A fix to
- This bug makes no sense
- 06:29 am Bug #4218 (Closed): Orfox dies shortly after launch in Android 5.0+
- 06:24 am Bug #4218: Orfox dies shortly after launch in Android 5.0+
- Same as #5147, fixed with https://github.com/amoghbl1/tor-browser/commit/8d84f3d087b79f115932e88583e99073dee624a0
- 06:29 am Task #5187 (Closed): Telemetry needs to be fixed
- Currently, the Orfox app gets built on the tor-browser repo but does not load anything. This might be due to the line...
- 06:24 am Task #5147 (Closed): get build to work on Android 5 / Lollipop
- Fixed with commit https://github.com/amoghbl1/tor-browser/commit/8d84f3d087b79f115932e88583e99073dee624a0
- 05:27 am Revision 9c2e9c5e (orfox): mozconfig changes, apk too big, trying to find minimum flags needed
- 05:14 am Revision 04a95951 (orfox): restructured to comply with tests check
Also available in: Atom