Restarting the dev process
We're kicking off another dev sprint on this, aiming for a real release in June/July. Here's the quick work plan, based on rough notes from an IRC chat today.
1) implement our proxymanager and modifications to existing apache httpclient and java.net code
2) submit patch to mozilla upstream
3) write up developer note best practices about future HTTP java/android impl, making sure to use ProxyManager etc
4) implement some sort of automated test for leak detection, to detect code that is not being proxied
5) we need to start working from here: https://git.torproject.org/tor-browser.git instead of mozilla's gecko-dev