New Android phones can't sign in to their account, nor create new ones
I can't give much details about it unfortunately as I do not own one myself.
However I think many could confirm that it's happening to the latest Android phones that ChatSecure just can't connect to the Internet regardless of what you do. I tried to help my friends but there was nothing that really made a difference for them. Any other smartphone worked great instead. It happened to a Nexus and an Asus, using Android 6.0.
#3 Updated by kneo almost 2 years ago
- File logcat-chatsecure-failing.log added
- I recently updated to Android 6.0
- did not wipe to preserve chat identities.
- I used the accounts being created before updates (no recreation: wanted to keep the my settings as far as possible)
- on sign in its stucks at: "signing in..." no matter what account
cause might be:
02-08 18:02:53.860 11602-14095/info.guardianproject.otr.app.im D/GB.XmppConnection: 0 : reconnect on error: cipherSuite TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA is not supported.
Using an unofficial build of android so this might be an interference.