Failure to connect with specific entry Node
I have a Tor node setup and running on a Raspbery Pi on my home network (for fun...), which I use as an entry node when browsing from my PC. I do this by just adding the nnode nickname (eg. MyTorRelay) to the torrc file within the browser bundle like so :
This works perfectly from all the PC's in my home, and I can monitor activity on the node using arm (anonymizing relay monitor).
Now, the issue. I have Orbot (220.127.116.11) and Orweb installed and working on Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4. This works fine until I specify the entry node with the settings of Orbot. Under 'Node Configuration' -> 'Entrance Nodes' I add the nickname for my node MyTorRelay, and make no other changes to the settings.
About 80% of the time when starting orbot I get
WARN : Failed to find node for hop 0 of out path. Discarding this circuit.
as the last message in the log file, and no connection to tor (nothing logged in arm either) The phone is on the same network as the node (I can even SSH to the Pi and run arm on the phone, so no connectivity issues)
I guess that's the most ittitating thing, it works some of the time. I've also tried using my nodes IP address and full fingerprint signature (no joy...)
If I reboot the phone and start Orbot as the first thing, the arps go up, and it says its connected to tor, hurray, but its not boo..., having the same 'Failed to find....' message in the log file. It seams to work totally at random as I haven't managed to characterise the sucessful connections....
I've attached my last log file