Discuss User Feedback
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:57:31 +0100
From: Michael Rogers <email@example.com>
To: Hans-Christoph Steiner <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Subject: Re: [guardian-dev] We want your feedback on Courier
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Some quick feedback from trying the latest nightly build:
- When testing the panic feature, I didn't realise I had to press in
the middle of the radiation symbol to swipe down - I was trying to
swipe on the arrows and it didn't work.
- The visual design is really, really nice!
- I didn't realise I was supposed to scroll to the bottom of the About
screen and hit a button to get started - I pulled down the menu
instead and tried to add a feed. All the URLs I tried failed to load
because I hadn't connected to Tor yet, but the reason wasn't explained.
- Courier asks if I want to install Orbot via Google Play, but it
launches F-Droid instead (which is good, but it should say F-Droid).
- After installing Orbot it's not clear how to switch back to Courier
- - if I use recents to switch back to Courier, there are two F-Droid
activities on the back stack and I have to use the back button to get
back to a Courier activity.
- Back in Courier, I'm connected to Tor and I pull down to sync the
news - the sync icon spins for a long time. Is it doing anything? Was
I supposed to add a feed first? I go to Manage Feeds and some feeds
have appeared. I come back, and some articles have appeared. I was
- It looks like I can only read article summaries - if I click 'Read
full article' if offers to use Firefox or the Android browser. Should
I also install Orweb?
- If I click on the feed name above an article, the view is filtered
to show articles from that feed. How do I get back to the full view?
The back button takes me out of the app. (Oh, OK, I have to use the
- If I'm viewing all feeds and I choose Share Feed Via Messaging, all
my feeds are pasted into a message. I expected to be able to choose a
feed to share.
- I don't understand what Share Feed Via Courier is meant to do - it
opens the Manage Feeds activity.
- Share Feed Via Orbot reopens Orbot's setup wizard...
- When I tap the notification icon to lock the app, the unlock screen
is shown. At first I thought it was asking for my passphrase in order
to lock the app.
This is a really cool app - I hope the nitpicks above will be taken in
the spirit of constructive criticism in which they're intended!